COMMERCIAL LICENSE AGREEMENT FOR PyIgClassify
For a commercial license agreement and pricing, please contact Dr. Roland Dunbrack.
ACADEMIC / GOVERNMENT LICENSE AGREEMENT FOR PyIgClassify
Fox Chase Cancer Center (hereinafter known as FCCC) agrees to provide to Licensee a proprietary tool known as PyIgClassify, a database of the clusters of the antibody complementarity determinging regions (CDRs) in the PDB
). FCCC wishes to preserve to itself all of the property rights in and to PyIgClassify
, its related documentation and such enhancements thereto as may, from time to time, be made.
Accordingly, FCCC and Licensee agree as follows:
- It is understood that PyIgClassify and its component parts, transferred to Licensee pursuant to this Agreement, comprise patented subject matter that is proprietary to FCCC and, as such, is extremely valuable to FCCC, so that its use by or on behalf of Licensee must be carefully and continuously controlled.
- Licensee shall have the right and license to use PyIgClassify for research purposes only. The license to use PyIgClassify is non-transferable and without the right to sublicense.
- Licensee shall have no rights in PyIgClassify other than as is specifically provided in this Agreement. Licensee specifically agrees that nothing herein shall be deemed to grant to Licensee any rights to use PyIgClassify for any commercial purpose. "Commercial Purpose" shall mean the sale, lease, license, or other transfer of PyIgClassify to a for-profit organization. Commercial Purpose shall also include uses of PyIgClassify by any organization, including Licensee, to perform contract research, to produce or manufacture products for general sale, or to conduct research activities that result in any sale, lease, license, or transfer of PyIgClassify to a for-profit organization. However, industrially sponsored academic research shall not be considered a use of PyIgClassify for Commercial Purpose per se, unless any of the above conditions of this definition are met.
- Licensee agrees to acknowledge the author(s) of PyIgClassify in any scientific publication of results based in part on the use of PyIgClassify.
- Licensee shall not distribute, release, or otherwise distribute PyIgClassify to any person, corporation, or institution without FCCC's prior written consent. All copies of PyIgClassify are to remain under Licensee's immediate and direct control unless such prior written consent is obtained. FCCC may grant permission to Licensee to distribute PyIgClassify to non-for-profit institutions only provided that said institutions will sign a document stating that they will use PyIgClassify for research purposes only and that they not transfer PyIgClassify to either for-profit or non-for-profit organizations. FCCC shall receive a copy of said document within thirty (30) days or its execution.
- Licensee will take all reasonable precautions to avoid any unauthorized disclosure of PyIgClassify.
- Licensee shall not copy or reproduce, or permit others to copy or reproduce PyIgClassify or any component thereof except as required during the authorized use of PyIgClassify by Licensee.
- Licensee agrees not to modify, reverse engineer, disassemble, or decompile PyIgClassify, or any portion thereof.
- FCCC does not have the resources to offer technical support, although FCCC would appreciate being notified of problems experienced by Licensee in using PyIgClassify. Licensee may report technical problems by providing a brief description thereof in writing to the developers of PyIgClassify.
- From time to time, FCCC may incorporate certain features, enhancements or modifications into PyIgClassify. At its sole discretion, FCCC may undertake to incorporate such changes and distribute PyIgClassify so modified to all or any of FCCC's licensees. All such error corrections, bug fixes, patches, updates or other modifications shall be the sole property of FCCC.
- FCCC provides PyIgClassify "as is" to Licensee. NO WARRANTY, EITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, IS GRANTED UNDER THIS AGREEMENT, INCLUDING IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF (a) FREEDOM FROM COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT, (b) COMMERCIAL UTILITY, (c) VALID COPYRIGHT, (d) MERCHANTABILITY, (e) FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR (f) USAGE IN THE TRADE OR COURSE OF DEALING, BETWEEN THE PARTIES.
- If PyIgClassify is installed on computers owned by a corporation or other legal entity, then this agreement is formed by and between FCCC and such entity ("Licensee"). You represent and warrant to FCCC that you have the authority to bind Licensee to this Agreement.
If you wish to license the PyIgClassify
under the foregoing conditions, please fill in the following form. Do not use accented letters. Then indicate your acceptance of said conditions by clicking on "I Agree". You will be sent in e-mail a download link only after your license application is reviewed by us. Leaving blank fields or filling in fake data will not result in a download link. You will be sent by email a download link only after your license application is reviewed and approved by FCCC. If you have any questions or concerns please feel free to contact the developer of PyIgClassify, Dr. Roland Dunbrack, at email@example.com.